For this entry, we were asked to create a Personalised Learning lesson based on one of the ICT tools which were given by Ms.Ng. Out of the 7 tools I really indulged myself in Shidonni! Shidonni is a virtual world for kids targeted at 4-10 year olds, which focuses on unleashing the creativity of its users by allowing them to draw their own characters for use in game play.
Basically this is how I’m going to integrate Shidonni in my lesson.
Topic: My pet
Stage: Production stage (Speaking Skill)
Learning Objective: By the end of the lesson, pupils will be able to:
1. Draw their favourite animal pet.
2. Talk about the pet that they have drawn.
1. Teacher introduces Shidonni to the pupils and explains to them how to use the tool.
2. Teacher asks the pupils to draw their pet by using Shidonni.
3. Pupils start to draw their favourite pet.
4. Once the pupils have completed drawing, teacher asks each pupil to share about their drawings by talking and describing about it.
5. If time and technology allow, teacher will ask each of the pupils to present their drawn pet electronically. If not, the teacher can Print pupils work and let each pupils talk about their pet.
My lesson is simple and yet it is one part of personalized learning in a way that it caters to the pupils’ interest (their own pets). Children generally like to talk about themselves, and to hear their classmates doing the same. They enjoy talking about their favourite things, hobbies, animals, sports, families and so on. You can also change the topic to “My Family and I” and let the pupils to draw their family members and themselves.